from the center: 26 km.
Nearby beaches: Armação, Lagoinha
do Leste and Morro das Pedras.
between the beaches of Armação and Lagoinha
do Leste, Matadeiro beach has no access for motor
vehicles. This has preserved the lush vegetation of
However, due to a pedestrian bridge linking it to Armacão, there are
now quite a number of houses and bars on its waterfront.
Matadeiro beach, with a strip of sand about 1 kilometer
long, is very popular with surfers due to the quality
of the break.
The beach is accessible via a pedestrian bridge over
Peri Lake's drainage canal. The easiest trail follows
the coast, however it is worth the walk up the hill
for an unforgettable view.
- The clear water is suitable for practicing freediving.
- The beach has bars that are a great option for a
seaside beer or aperitif. Open hours vary according
to the season.
- The sea grotto at Matadeiro beach is worth visiting.
The locals tell of many legends: it is said to have
been a center of energy , in addition to being a former
home to the indigenous peoples, slaves and fugitives.
- The view from the top of the hill is indescribably
- The trail to Lagoinha do Leste.